Helpful Hints & Companies to help your Customers

Sunday, July 24, 2005

As if I wasn't stressed about the bridal shower enough...

Posted: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 03:35:06 GMT

Source: The shower is his Thursday evening. I've been having people RSVP and the total (including me and Rachel) is up to 8 now. As those who know me know, I am not so good with the people and the groups of people and the parties, so this whole process has been really stressful for me. I had a hard time chosing a day, chosing a place, chosing a theme, etc. I had just finally been feeling like maybe I had it all worked out when Ka-Blam! I got an email from Rachel.

Apparently, her mom found out about the shower and was all miffed that I didn't invite her. I thought about it! I really did! But I had (I thought) good reasons to not invite her. First, I've been doing a lot of reading online about etiquette for weddings/bridal showers/bridesmaids seeing as how I don't know jack about any of it, and it said that when planning a shower, you shouldn't invite anyone who a.) was not invited to the wedding and b.) had already been invited to a previous shower. Well, I knew her mom had already been to THREE OTHER SHOWERS. Dude. Enough. Also, everyone else who I invited is a friend of Rachel (i.e. someone in their late teens-early 20s), so I thought that might be weird for her mom to be there. Also, her mom is super crafty and hard-core re: parties and I didn't want her to see how lame my party would be. And lastly, Rachel gave me a list of people to invite to the shower and HER MOM WASN'T ON IT!

So now I don't know what to do. I mean, I sent Rachel an email back saying that she (rachel's mom) could come if she wanted to, but that I hadn't invited Eric's mom, my mom, etc and that the party itself was going to be very simple. But now I'm all WAAA! Because I don't want her mom to be mad at me. And I think it will be weird if she comes. Which I totally think she will now. Should I invite my mom to come too? That way they could, I don't know, talk amongst themselves.

*meebles*

I just want this to be over. Actually, that's a lie. I just want someone else to come and say, "oh Sarah, you are no good at this. Let ME do it for you." I would weep for joy if that happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home