Helpful Hints & Companies to help your Customers

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

De-compressing

Posted: 2005-07-15T18:13:03Z

Source: Our week-long family reunion is over and my sisters are all safely back in their own homes. (Hi, Ange -- I miss you tons already!) We had quite the busy week, and managed to fit in many trips to the park and lots of visiting amid the stomach flus and lack of sleep. Thank God, none of the other kids got the stomach bug, and so far everyone is still healthy.

I always feel a let-down after a week like this. I miss my sisters, and I hate that they don't live closer. It was such a blessing watching all the cousins play together and my deepest wish is that it could happen more often -- that we would somehow all live close to each other again. I know this is a long-shot -- all of the husbands have different jobs and none of them really have the desire to move here and my hubby never wants to leave, so who knows? But God sometimes does amazing things that we have no explanation for and that are beyond what we could've asked. So I'm not done hoping.

Yesterday, even though it was our first day on our own, was extremely busy. I hadn't gone grocery shopping for 9 days - except for those little one- or two-item trips that end up costing you twice as much as you expected. So I dragged the wee ones through the grocery store yesterday and spent way more than I wanted to, but we were out of everything!

In the afternoon, we went to the library to see a magician. Our summer reading program has a medieval theme this year and he told some stories as well as amazed us with his magic. Natalie kept looking at me from where she was sitting and mouthing, "How did he do that?" It was fun to watch the pure delight on their faces.

Last night after dinner we watched The Wizard of Oz. I hadn't seen it in probably 15 years, and this was the first time for my kids. They loved it, but wondered why Mommy had been so concerned that it would scare them. I remember being terrified of those flying monkeys!

Today I'm just vegging. I'm doing some laundry so we don't run out of clean clothes to wear, and I really should clean my bathroom, but that's about it. I plan on catching up on all my blog-reading and just relaxing. I need to build up my energy -- next week is already looking crazy busy and it's not even here yet!

Thank you for all the comments on the picture-posting issue. For a more balanced view than the previous article I linked to, check out this post. (Hat tip to Andrea for the link.) I'm going to leave the pictures of my kids up, and just make sure I'm careful about any personal information. I want to protect them, but I don't want to live in fear.

Have a great weekend!
Carrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home