Helpful Hints & Companies to help your Customers

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Whirlwind

Posted: 2005-07-11T16:27:16Z

Source:
I'm just checking in to let you know I'm still alive and thoroughly enjoying my visit with my sisters. Our week so far has involved:

- dinner at Mom and Dad's Thursday night -- homemade lasagne and lots of visiting
- Friday to the park for lunch and play -- to Mom and Dad's after dinner to celebrate my sister Marni's and my Dad's birthdays
- Friday night my sister Deb's daughter Tessa got the stomach flu and kept her up all night throwing up (they are staying at a friend's house, since Mom and Dad don't have quite enough room)
- Saturday we planned to go camping, but it was pouring down rain, so instead we went to the local hotel's indoor pool and paid to swim for a few hours then came back to our house to grill dinner (Tessa seemed okay by then, and her mom was having a hard time keeping her settled down to rest)
- Saturday night Tessa woke in the middle of the night with an asthma attack -- they didn't have her inhaler, so it was off to the emergency room (Tessa's asthma is not a constant thing, but is sometimes brought on by colds. Tessa was instructed to pack it before they left, but you know how that goes.)
- Sunday we slept in and skipped church and laid low. Our kids were exhausted from all the extra activity and excitement. That night my daughter Natalie and I headed over to Mom and Dad's. I wanted one evening of visiting without constantly breaking up fights between all the boys. My sisters and I played Cranium and laughed our heads off.
- Today we are heading to the park again. Marni, the youngest sister, has to head back home this afternoon because her hubby is having a vasectomy tomorrow.
- Tomorrow if the weather continues to cooperate, we will head to the lake for the day. I'm not sure, but I think both Andrea and Deb are planning to head home on Wednesday.

I think my kids will be going through withdrawals from all the constant playmates and activity. The library has a magician scheduled on Thursday afternoon for the summer reading program, so I'll probably take them as a distraction. Last time Deb visited, Natalie cried and cried when they left. Tessa is the only girl cousin and since Nan doesn't have sisters, she loves having a girl around to play with.

Well, I gotta run if we're gonna meet everyone at the park on time. I hope you're all enjoying the summer!

P.S. Mommy of the year award goes to my sister Debra. In the last week she has driven 10 hours with her 4 year old throwing up from motion sickness in her car, had a daughter with the stomach flu, and taken the same daughter to the emergency room in the middle of the night with her 4 year old and 6 month old sons in tow. All on very little sleep. And she has still managed to be cheerful and fun to be around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home