Helpful Hints & Companies to help your Customers

Monday, September 26, 2005

5 years and 5 things ago...

Posted: 2005-09-16T02:03:15Z

Source:
Billi-Jean tagged me for the 5 Years and 5 Things Ago meme.

First the rules:

Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place; add your blog's name in the #5 spot; link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross pollination effect.

1. Writing from the Hip: http://writingfromthehip.blogspot.com
2. Blue Stocking: http://bluestocking.typepad.com
3. Simply Coll: http://colleenscorner.com/blog
4. My Bountiful Life: http://billi-jean.com/thebounty.html
5. Mommy Brain: http://nnjmom.blogspot.com/


Next: select four new friends to add to the pollen count. I can't remember who's already done this, so ignore it if you did. And, as always, if you're too busy or you just don't want to, feel free to abstain.

Laney at Press On
Randi at I Have To Say
Andrea at Atypical Life
Amy at Mudpies and Paint

What were you doing 10 years ago?
1995. I was 22. Kevin and I had only been married 5 months. We were living in our first apartment in Vancouver, Washington, both working, and acting like newlyweds are supposed to. :P We had just purchased our first car together (a 1990 Nissan Sentra) after Kevin's Jeep Cherokee kept breaking down and costing us money.

What were you doing 5 years ago?
2000. I was 27. Natalie was 3 1/2, Noah was 2, and Jonathan was about to turn 1. We had been living in our current town in northeastern Washington state for three years, and sharing a house with my Mom and Dad. They had just left to work with the International Christian Embassy in Jerusalem and we had bought our very first house by ourselves. I was worship coordinator at our church, which was going through a split at the time. It was a hard time. Our marriage wasn't the happiest, and I had relied on my parents in many area where I should've been leaning on my husband. I was devastated that they moved away. Little did I know God was about to do a major healing in our marriage during the next six months. We also thought we were done having little ones, but God changed that, too.

What were you doing one year ago?
2004. I was 31. Natalie was 7 1/2, Noah was 6, Jonathan about to turn 5, and Josiah was 2 1/2. We had just started our third year of homeschooling. My Mom and Dad were back in our area, and we were settled in a routine of seeing them a couple times a week, but also happy to have our own home and happy marriage.

What were you doing yesterday?
Yesterday we did school in the morning, some housework, blogging, and then went to Family Night at church.

This next part I've done before, so I'm cutting and pasting my answers.
5 snacks you enjoy

1. Santitas and homemade guacamole with Pepsi
2. Peanut M'n'M's with Pepsi
3. Nacho cheese Doritos and bean dip with Pepsi
(hmmm, I see a trend here...)
4. Santitas and jalapeno cheese dip...with Pepsi
5. Any kind of ice cream

5 songs I know all the words to

1. I Love You For Sentimental Reasons
2. L-O-V-E
3. A Bushel and a Peck
4. Amazing Grace
5. Great is Thy Faithfulness
(all songs I used to sing to my children when they were babies and I rocked them to sleep)

5 things you would do if you had a million dollars

1. build my parents and my sisters each a new home
2. build us a new home -- my dream home (I already have it designed, just need the $$)
3. get completely out of debt
4. hire a housekeeper and cook so I could spend more time writing without neglecting homeschool time
5. fully fund and continually support my friend Lee's orphanage in Mozambique

5 things you like doing

1. reading to my kids
2. crocheting
3. reading for myself
4. blogging
5. talking to my sisters on the phone

5 bad habits

1. Eating too much
2. Procrastinating
3. Neglecting the housework (see #2)
4. Blogging when I should be doing housework (see #3)
5. Being sarcastic

5 things I would never wear again
When I did this before, it was five things I would never wear, so no, I haven't worn any of these things before. And I wouldn't in the future.

1. a bikini
2. a tattoo
3. a piercing of any kind
4. cowboy boots
5. a grass skirt

5 favorite toys
1. This computer
2. My PDA
3. DVD player
4. Our public library
5. Cranium game

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home