Helpful Hints & Companies to help your Customers

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

MCDST Prep

Posted: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 01:28:44 GMT

Source:

I've been a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician for a few months but I just got my MCDST charter member card in the mail the other day. 

I teach courses 2261 and 2262 - most training centers run them together for four days.  They're for tech support and help desk staff.  We talk about the usual tech support mumbo jumbo, but I go on about interacting with users effectively (like you fail to solve the problem and they still call your boss with an attaboy), troubleshooting technology without knowing anything, huge time savers, walking into a performance review and winning, and more Having been in the tech support biz for 10 years, I've put a lot of thought into some of the intricacies of the job.  I think it's a great profession. 

One of the reasons help desk staff attend the class is for preparation for both MCDST exams: 70-271 and 70-272Here is a very good online self-paced MCDST test prep thing from Microsoft.  Take my class then watch that thing and you can pass both tests on the same day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home