Helpful Hints & Companies to help your Customers

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Posted: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:03:00 GMT

Source: Well, I've had a couple of set-backs with the reading. Mostly that my sister came up to vist me. I was so enrossed in reading that I didn't even know she was there until she was right next to the bed. Very nearly made me pee my pants. Anywho, she was bored aparently and so she hopped onto my bed and laid on me. I can not read under those sorts of conditions! But I think she has to go to work soon, so that's good for me.




So Draco's still alive and as much of a jerk-face as ever. What he did to Harry on the train was just so...cruel and inhuman. Can he ever be redeemed?! Like I said in my last post, I'm just glad that we are getting to know more characters better, so I like reading about him for that reason. Doesn't mean he's not a jerk though.

Snape is nice and snarky too, but I actually like him that way. And he finally got that DADA job! I didn't think he ever would, and I am sort of happy for him. After all, how long can any person take getting the short end of the stick? The part that I feel most bad about is that poor Neville couldn't get away from him. Cause you knew he wasn't going to pass potions, so I thought he might escape the Snape influence and come into his own. But who knows, maybe he'll be able to overcome his Snape fears now that he has more confidence overall and had the DA practices for DADA in particular.

And what about Slughorn? At first I thought that maybe he was just one of those harmless but somewhat irritating people who like to surround themselves with important people so as to seem more important themselves, but now I'm starting to feel like he's more sinister. Like he's plotting something big and is checking people out, seeing if they could be useful/see what they know/see who they know, etc.

And then, of course, the introduction of the Half-Blood Prince. Well, sort of. Before Harry found the name, I thought maybe the book had belonged to Snape (although I don't know why I thought that). But now I don't think so. I just don't think he's the HBP.

Harry's lessons with Dumbledore are verrrrrry interesting. I want to learn more about Voldemort/Tom's past. Sort of freaky about his mom. Cause if you think about it, her childhood was a lot like Harry's - the unwanted/unloved child, mentally and physically abused, forced to do all the work for her father and brother, etc. I'm looking forward to finding out more.

Another thing that makes me sad is Hagrid. I guess I didn't realise that they wouldn't be taking his class. That probably had to come as a real blow to him, and I didn't think that there was any real reason for them to STOP taking Care of Magical Creatures. With Harry wanting to be a Auror, I thought it would be a useful subject to know about, if not actually required. Anyway, poor Hagrid. Hope nothing bad happens on the Aragog front, like him dying and the rest of the spiders going on a rampage. Cause that would be, you know, bad.

And this brings me to my last thing, I've also come to realise that I don't understand the school system. At all. By which I mean the whole taking of the OWLS and then sort of randomly picking which classes you want to continue from the classes you passed. What's that about? And then everybody is taking a different number of classes, which just seems really strange to me. Like Fred and George for instance. They only had 3 OWLs, so they could have only had a max of three classes, but then the trio all have, what? 6 or so. And Hermione more. I don't get it! Crazy Europeans and their crazy European ways.



I've also noticed that I'm a lot more relaxed about reading this book than I was about the last one. For instance, I am not all spazzy every second that I'm not reading. This is good. Because last time I was so wound up with reading that I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I might have otherwise. This time I'm enjoying the book very much. Now off to read more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home